Every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. our 1-8th Grade students meet in the sanctuary for a chapel service. Our church pastors, DCE’s, Deaconess, teachers, visiting clergy plus many others serve as our chapel leaders. Each classroom also has an opportunity to lead chapel. We use multiple types of music, media, and worship styles.
Chapel families consist of a mix of 8 – 10 students and one adult staff person, or parent volunteer. Usually one to two students from each grade are in a chapel family. Our 8th grade students serve as family leaders.
Chapel families seek to build relationships among students in multiple grades as they learn to worship and serve together. Chapel families sit together in worship and meet together once a month to fellowship, learn, and serve through various theme related projects.
The following are projects that our chapel offerings and family projects are supporting this year.
- Chicago Hope Lutheran School
- VFW Post 7539 and their mission to keep homeless veterans warm
- Lutheran Church Charities Comfort Dogs
- United Methodist Food Pantry
Not only do our students take part in the chapel family service projects, they also take part in the Trinity Lutheran Church service projects done by Trinity Lutheran Church.
- We collect food for the food bank
- We collect cereal for the “Clinic” service to the community
- We collect toys for the “Toy Store” Invited families can purchase toys for their children for Christmas at a very discounted price.
- We collect warm clothes for the homeless veterans
Each class is also involved in service projects throughout the year. Continue to check below as projects and pictures are posted.